Revitalizing and Nourishing Treatments: All eyes on lids, brows and lashes
Do friends ask if you are not getting enough sleep, or not feeling well? Drooping eyelids and puffy under-eye bags can make you appear perpetually tired or, even, angry. No matter how sunny your personality, if the mirrors to your soul are clouded by sagging skin, you may appear dour or sad.
Everyone ages differently; however, our eyes tend to age ten years earlier than our necks and faces, and for many women, fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles, and bags appear in the early thirties. By age fifty, loose skin on the upper eyelids may droop almost onto the eyelashes and become a significant annoyance, even obstructing vision.
Eyelid lifts and treats
Depending upon your age, bone structure, and the amount of loose skin, there are several surgical and non-surgical options for improving or “lifting” the appearance of your eyes. Surgery requires minimal downtime, is not very invasive, and is highly effective.
A blepharoplasty (eyelid lift or eyelid surgery) can correct sagging eyelids and soften folds and pouches beneath the eyes by removing excess skin and fat on the upper and lower eyelids.
Generally, upper eyelid surgery incisions are hidden in the natural fold of the upper lid. For lower eyelid surgery, an incision may be made beneath the lower lashes or inside the lower eyelid. The particular technique I use will depend on several factors, such as the amount of excess fat and skin in the eyelid areas, the position of your eyebrows, and the condition of the muscle around your eyelids.
What can you expect from eyelid surgery?
- Performed on an outpatient basis, there is little discomfort, and normal activities are generally resumed within 10 days
- Incisions will fade over several months until they become barely visible
- The result is a brighter, more alert and more rested appearance
- Complementary procedures can address fine wrinkles or sagging eyebrows
Is an “Eyelid lift” Right For You?
If you are wondering how blepharoplasty can change the way you look, or if you want to know more about how eyelid surgery is performed, and what you can expect from this procedure, please schedule a personal consultation. Call 610-667-3303 to schedule your in-office consultation or click here to request additional information.
For more information about eyelid lifts:
Dr. Emily Pollard is a board certified member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Accept only specialized advice and treatment from a cosmetic surgery expert.
We are looking forward to moving into our new Suite 102 this Fall. To see photos of the “makeover” on our Facebook page, click here. For the time being, we will continue to see patients next door in suite 100. Thank you for your patience!
Gift Certificates for products and treatments are great way to show you care. Contact our office next time you are looking for a special gift that is sure to be appreciated.
No time for surgery?
You can brighten your appearance and subtract the years with a variety of procedures and treatments that require minimal to no down-time. Our non-surgical procedures include botox, injectable fillers, skin resurfacing, and other professional skin treatments and skin care products.
- Botox® is ideal for improving deep furrows between the brow and softening deep wrinkles and expression lines around the eyes.
- Biomedic Potent-C 10.5significantly reduces facial fine lines and improves dull looking skin.
- Chemical peels can remove damaged outer layers of skin and restore a more youthful appearance by addressing blemishes and wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion revitalizes dull skin, minimizes scars, smoothes and polishes uneven skin surface and shrinks enlarged pores.
- LATISSE® can make your eyelashes grow longer, thicker and darker. Applied directly to the base of the upper lashes, this once-a-day treatment can increase both the length and number of hairs.
- Eye brows shape your expression. Our skin care specialists remove stray hairs and expertly shape your brows to complement and enhance your eyes.
C the Difference
Topical Vitamin C protects skin from sun-related aging, reduces inflammation, and neutralizes free radical reactions. Studies show topical Vitamin C can increase production of collagen, the major building block, or scaffolding, of the skin. This stimulation helps reduce fine wrinkles and gives skin a smoother, more even appearance.
For a limited time we are offering a 10% discount on dermHA Vitamin C therapy.
dermHA Vitamin C treatment infuses the skin with a unique serum of potent antioxidants and includes Vitamin C, algae, botanicals and natural enzymes to enhance penetration.
Offer: Available in our office only, 10% off until Nov. 15th