You’ve done your research, made the decision, and you’ve scheduled the date of your breast augmentation surgery. What else is there to do? Well, there are a few things to keep in mind before the date of your surgery arrives. This way, you’ll be prepared to help your nurses and surgeon do their jobs to the best of their ability. And, you’ll have the smoothest breast augmentation surgery experience possible.
Before Your Breast Augmentation Surgery DO:
- Get Up Early: Rushing on the big day won’t help keep your stress levels managed. So, make sure to give yourself enough time to pack, prepare, and get to your appointment on time by waking up a little early the day of the surgery.
- Come Without Makeup and Jewelry: You’ll need to show up the morning of your appointment wearing no makeup or jewelry. As far as clothing goes, choose something warmer. Most patients wake up from anesthesia feeling cooler. Also, choosing comfortable slip-on shoes will make for easier changing before surgery.
- Wear Your Glasses: Just as makeup and jewelry shouldn’t be worn, contact lenses should also not be worn on the day of your breast augmentation surgery. Instead, show up wearing your glasses. While they will need to be taken off before the surgery, at least you’ll be able to see up until then!
Before Your Breast Augmentation Surgery DON’T:
- Eat or Drink After Midnight: The stomach should be empty before all operations. So, you shouldn’t eat or drink anything the morning before your surgery. That means from 12 a.m. until after your surgery is complete you shouldn’t have a meal, snack, or even a drink. Prepare for this by eating an early dinner and skipping the glass of water by your bed throughout the night!
- Miss the Phone Call: Your anesthesiologist will schedule a call to talk to you the night before your surgery. This conversation is imperative to help you gain knowledge on the process of the anesthesia the following day. Without this phone call, many clinics will not even go through with the scheduled surgery. So, be sure to stay near your phone!
- Worry: You’ve done your research and made your decisions. You’ve wanted this for a very long time. And, you’re doing the best you can to prepare – even reading this article for extra tips! So, don’t worry about the day ahead! Soon, it will all be said and done and you will have taken the next step to being a more confident you!
Have questions about your scheduled breast augmentation surgery appointment? Or, are you in the Philadelphia and Bala Cynwyd areas and want to schedule a consultation to learn more about the procedure? Call Dr. Emily Pollard at Pollard Plastic Surgery for all your cosmetic procedure needs.